For Omega Energy, short-term challenges include:
- Fully developing the oilfields it currently operates
- Producing and selling natural gas
- Issuing and selling carbon credits
- Purchasing and developing new assets
- Generating and selling electricity
- Hydraulic fracturing (fracking) and processing of natural gas
- Acquiring and absorbing additional companies
The company is also seeking to consolidate its international presence in countries such as Nigeria, where it recently partnered with a local company that was awarded a contract to develop an offshore area of more than 24,000 acres.
The company also seeks to become a leader in the development of non-conventional fields, a booming global business that’s offering exciting opportunities.